When Opportunity Comes Knocking

 1. The majority of my time is dedicated to my schoolwork or friends. Although I believe that I can multitask, I easily waste time on what is truly not important. Between eating and scrolling through my phone, my time is wasted when I do not spend it on what matters most. Recognizing the difference between what I need to do and what I want to do determines if I am spending my time wisely. When I make to-do lists and stick to my planner, I am able to use my time wisely and get the most out of every moment. 

2. Throughout every experience, there are missed opportunities. When I was the yearbook editor, I was more concerned with what I wanted rather than what the group wanted. I was motivated to get things done, but I did not always make time for others. It was my senior year and I wanted to create a yearbook that I was going to be proud of. 

 It made me feel good to be the one in charge. Looking back, I should have spent more one-on-one time with my staff to get to know them and be a part of their lives. I regret not taking advantage of this role. I missed an opportunity to be their friend rather than just their leader. Next time, I will remember that as a leader it is important to make true connections with others and that it does not always have to be strictly business. 

3. I think that we waste so much of our time because it feels like we have plenty of time. We don't value it because we believe that we will have another day to get things done. Although the days are long, the years are short. We must value every moment we have because we are not promised tomorrow. 

4. I make the most of my days by using to-do lists. I plan what I want to get done based on due dates and I do my best to get the most out of each day. I also make time for my friends every day. Even though we enjoy spending time together, my friends hold me accountable by making sure I make time for school and for fun. I hold myself accountable by rewarding myself and taking breaks when needed. 

5. My top priorities at school are completing my assignments on time and doing well on them. At home. my priorities are spending time with my friends and family. My priority at work is doing the best I can without overdoing it. 

Comments

  1. Hey Savannah,

    I couldn't agree more with you when you said "We must value every moment we have because we are not promised tomorrow." Valuing the moment to me helps with delving down deep within my thoughts and helps lightens my mood to be vulnerable as we aren't promised tomorrow. It's a rather sad and heartfelt statement but so very true. I also liked "Between eating and scrolling through my phone, my time is wasted when I do not spend it on what matters most". I relate to this so much, I tend to get caught up on social media scrolling through it mindlessly when I could be doing something productive.

    Overall I liked your responses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing the difference between needs and wants is a very important skill, and its always great when someone is able to register it, but still allow time for at least a couple wants. That mixed with accountability are pretty great for making up a leader that can still take care of themselves when the time comes! Some work and some play is always good, and being accountable if the play takes to long is always good.

    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment